I’m Delia, an Albuquerque-based freelance writer, editor, and photographer, who graduated with her English Writing degree from Occidental College last year, just got married to her high school sweetheart, and is now working a traditional job for the first time. The exciting part there is that the job is in publishing! Isn’t that the English major’s dream?
I’ve been a writer and a reader as long as I can remember, and one day I’m sure you’ll see my name on the New York Times best seller list. I also love using my camera to capture small moments to last a lifetime, whether they are of people, objects, or scenery. Being that these are my greatest passions, along with my new marriage, these are the things you’ll find here. This is my Stream of Consciousness, my ever-sporadic string of thoughts on life and observations on my path as a writer and artist. And I’m so glad you’re here to share in them with me! Please join me on my journeys as a young adult making her way into the big, wide world!
This is the face of the other person you’ll probably be hearing a lot about on here. Meet Ryan, my husband, and the peanut butter to my chocolate. We met in high school, went long distance for 3 and a half years through college, and then got married on August 2, 2013. Our love story is so great they should make a movie about us, but that’s just my humble opinion.
Random facts about me:
- I really like lists. Stay long enough, and you’ll see.
- I have a slight obsession with mugs and boots.
- Earl grey tea warms my soul.
- I was a barista in college and it has made me into a coffee snob.
- I’m also a bona fide chocolate snob, but that doesn’t come from any job. It’s just good sense.
- Being from New Mexico, I am an even bigger snob about green chile, and I try to educate non-New Mexicans any time I can on the food staple they’re missing in their life.
- I grew up spending most of my time in ballet studios and riding horses.
- Cereal is my comfort food and I eat it almost every day. Sometimes twice a day.
- Cooking and baking in my own kitchen is my new favorite thing to explore.
- I think being married is a super fun adventure.
- I love rewatching my favorite TV shows. I’ve probably seen every single episode of Friends at least six times.
- Taylor Swift is one of my favorite people ever, and if you can find a way to hate her,we may find it hard to be friends.
- I love running into other people who love writing and photography as much as I do.
- I’ve always been the go-to paper editor in high school and college, and I make red mark-ups like nobody’s business…which is probably what made me realize that fixing grammar is pretty cool, and editing for a living would be even cooler.
- I love working in publishing because it means I get to hang out with other grammar freaks and bookworms like me.
I hope you enjoy your stay here at Stream of Consciousness! If you’re interested in my services as a photographer or an editor, or just feel like having a chat, please, please contact me!